Saturday, September 3, 2011

Say Good Bye to The Dull Boring Jacket...Elegance reigns in the Kitchen

"To be beautiful, all a woman needs is a black pullover, a black skirt and to be arm in arm with a man she loves"
- Yves Saint Laurent

Oh yes so true, and being in black is my trademark uniform, however when I decided to go to Culinary school, I had to trade in my sexy black velvet for a plain white cotton box jacket....and it was not a good feeling....I had grown up under the care of a gorgeous Russian woman,
(my mother) who would pinch her own cheeks before answering the door....her underpinnings were purchased from the finest boutiques and she raised my sister and I to be prepared to look lovely if caught dead!.....Imagine being told that!


I had to endear this traditional cheaply made and over sized uniform for a full year. But it was OK because I was designing the most wonderfully Elegant chef jacket on the side ...I would go to school and tell everyone about it, describing the cut, the fabric, the curves that it would show off...and just about every classmate was excited for me. These are the future chefs, so if they liked it, I was sure to be on the right track....This is my second year at AB TECH, I am wearing the Jacket and have sold several so far, and some of the most respected Chefs in the area are wearing my Chef Coat...I don't want to name drop...but I am confident that the little jacket will do just fine on its own......