Friday, November 15, 2013

The wildest adventure of all...

 I knew as a young girl that being a writer meant adventure and travel,  for me that would be the absolute best profession. However, it was the fashion industry that grabbed me initially, with boutiques and a thriving wholesale business. I explored the darker side of the theatric, stranger still were the average seeming people, while the theatrical ones the most normal.
 I had no idea at the time would end up being exactly the woman I am today. Unchained, a person who needs to be free to do whatever she chooses with no one ever trying to hold me down.. But it wasn't until I exhausted all my other whims of fashion designing, or my latest-becoming a chef, that I finally succumbed to what it is that truly drives me.



I’ve spent my early twenties years putting myself in foreign surroundings as often as possible. Traveling on a whim, on a budget, for two days or two weeks, it's the getting there that excites me most, perhaps more than the arriving. I love to plan out, and imagine all my adventures, in travel I feel comforted and relieved of loneliness, no matter how foreign my surroundings, There is nothing I love more than traveling to a place where I know nobody, and where everything will be a surprise.
I could still feel spikes of adrenaline each time I pack for a trip or step onto a plane, the sound of the engines revving up spikes my blood like a volt of strong coffee. Oh, I never tire of planes. London,  New York, San Francisco, Paris, Annecy, Los Angeles Orange County. Of course, there was always someone at home to cook for my children and see they are safe.



Having a child at a young age did not trigger a nesting instinct, if anything it made me want to explore the world more, with child in tow. I bundled them tightly into my pouch of love as we traveled by train each weekend to visit my mother, who lived on a cliff overlooking the sea. (hmmmmm sounds like a good idea for a story) I nestled them in English blazers as we boarded flights to France,

I knew that a child would make life as a professional explorer even more possible. For having children in many ways is the wildest adventure trip of all.....