Monday, December 29, 2014

About Corazon of the Outer Banks #horses #childrensbook


 
Available in English Corazon of the Outer Banks




I wrote a story for children about a Spanish Horse named Corazon. Inspired by my own experience meeting a Banker Horse when I visited the Outer Banks in North Carolina in the Spring of 2012

I first saw him standing by the waters edge alone, although he was amongst several wild banker Horses.
What aroused my attention was his aloofness and gentle spirit. He seemed to wander alone slowly while his friends, the other Bankers ran up and down the shoreline.

 I felt a deep immediate love for the horse and so I named him Corazon.
Corazon is the Spanish word for heart, and love. I wanted to run my hands along his side and look into his eyes...I am positive his eyes were as far away as mine are, for he just stared out towards Spain, his home from afar.

I pondered for days what he was possibly thinking, and I imagined myself as a child befriending him. I think of him fondly from time to time.

Corazon of the Outer Banks is a story about a little boy visiting the outer banks with his mother, alone he wanders the shoreline and comes across a horse sitting staring out to the sea.

A story filled with magical realism and I look forward to sharing him.

The Art is amazing and fully captures the feel and emotions of the story.
I am fortunate to have Calum Jones as the Artist.